We provide an environment that encourages learning, questioning and that cultivates a sense of wonder for learning!
Veronica, Director of Kiddz Homebased Childcare
Our Kiddz children experience…
- Individual learning experience.
- Caring family environment.
- Weekly playgroups with other families.
- Following their own passions and strengths.
- Ability to learn at their own pace.
- A written learning journey to take with them.
- Playing with others in mixed aged groups.
- Learning through child directed exploration.
- Learning through observation and questioning.
Can you imagine the magic that happens when a nurturing environment merges with a genuine passion for fostering a love of learning in children?
Click here to find out more about home based childcare
Click here to become a homebased educator
Our childcare inspiration comes from the Reggio Emilia and RIE approaches. The Reggio Emilia approach is an inquiry-based learning model that focuses on the children's interests, passions, and strengths. RIE is a parenting philosophy that emphasises a child-led approach.
We believe that children learn best when they can explore and engage with the world around them at their own pace and in their own unique way. The curriculum at Kiddz integrates different areas of learning through both short-term explorations and long-term inquiry projects.
Children are seen as leaders in their own learning journey, and they are encouraged to collaborate with their peers in constructing new ideas and theories. The educators at Kiddz play a supportive role by extending and deepening the children's ideas and theories. They observe, listen, and ask thoughtful questions to facilitate the children's wonder, discovery, and contribution to their learning.
Each Educator is required to attend an induction course before children are placed in their care and are required to complete a Level 4 certificate in Homebased Childcare or other relevant early childhood training (unless already have an ECE qualification).
Each Kiddz home based educator is required to:
- Meet safety and suitability criteria.
- Have a safe and child-friendly home environment.
- Adhere to health and safety regulations.
- Pass police vetting and safety checks for all members of the household aged 17 years and above.
- Have a current first aid certificate.
- Hold a full driver’s license.
- Provide a smoke free environment.
Kiddz is a supportive, family orientated home based childcare provider who I would whole heartily recommend. Our daughter was welcomed into the carers home and made to feel like part of their family. - Tracy
Kiddz is a supportive, family orientated home based childcare provider who I would whole heartily recommend. Our daughter was welcomed into carers home and made to feel like part of their family. - Tracy